Really, this recipe is all about the dressing. (This was a Pampered Chef recipe I adapted slightly.)
For the salad part, throw some lettuce in a bowl, top with any vegetables you like. (I like to use cucumbers and tomatoes in my Caesar salads.) Then toss with dressing. If you’d like to add a protein element to make it more of a main-course salad, grill up some chicken that’s been seasoned with salt and pepper, slice and serve over top of the salad.
Here’s the dressing part. In a blender, blend:
- 1 lemon, juiced to measure 2 tablespoons
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Add and continue to blend:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
With blender running, add in a slow stream:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Then stir in:
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
Store in a covered glass jar in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.