I saw this picture on Delish.com and was totally inspired to create my own wrap version of this vegetable-stuffed wonder. You can use turkey or chicken if you’d like more protein. Or you can leave it off and enjoy as a vegetarian meal. Of course, this is one of those recipes where it’s totally legal to mix it up according to your preferences or what you have on hand. You’ll be hard-pressed to “ruin” this one.
Here’s my ideal version:
- Wraps, whole wheat or sprouted
- Hummus (make sure there’s no hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup in yours)
- Salad Greens
- Cucumbers, cut into flat slices
- Carrots, peeled in long ribbons
- Red and/or green bell peppers, cut into thin sticks
- Turkey or chicken
- Salad dressing (I like a balsamic vinaigrette, but Erich had one with Ranch and said it worked well too.)
Smear one half of the wrap with hummus, top with veggies and meat (if using), and your favorite salad dressing. Wrap it up and chow down!