At the risk of wearying any reader who isn’t interested in the topic of vaccines, I’m going to make one final post. . . at least for now. I figure that this is the prime season to disseminate this information. But I will have to return to posting recipes soon; my pile is growing intimidatingly large. . .
Anyone considering the regular flu vaccine should watch this 8 minute, 42 second educational video before making the decision to vaccinate.
Here’s some quick take-away points for those of you not interested enough to watch the video.
Studies from the last 40 years show little to no benefit from the flu vaccines.
A recent master study that analyzed all relevant influenza vaccine studies during the past 40 years found:
- There is NO evidence that influenza vaccines prevent flu in children under the age of 2.
- In children over the age of 2, the live flu vaccine was 33% effective in children over 2, while the inactivated vaccine was 36% effective.
- In healthy adults under 65 years of age, flu vaccines did NOT affect hospital stay, time off from work, or death from the flu and its complications.
- In elderly people living in the community, flu vaccines were NOT effective.
- In elderly people living in group homes, flu vaccines were 46% effective against pneumonia, but NOT significant against flu.
Dr. Mercola even reported this confession taken directly from the flu vaccine, Flulaval’s, package insert (which you’ll probably never see unless you ask):
” FLULAVAL is an influenza virus vaccine indicated for active immunization of adults 18 years of age and older against influenza disease caused by influenza virus subtypes A and type B contained in the vaccine. This indication is based on immune response elicited by FLULAVAL, and there have been no controlled trials demonstrating a decrease in influenza disease after vaccination with FLULAVAL.”
That’s right, NO controlled trials demonstrating ANY decrease in your risk of contracting the flu at all after vaccination! (It also states that each dose contains a total of 25 mcg of mercury.)
But you CAN safely prevent the flu without a vaccine. “How?” you ask. . .
Vitamin D supplements (2000-4000 i.u. daily) – especially in winter – may protect against the flu. This makes sense when you think about it. We don’t get the flu in the summer, when we get plenty of sun exposure (which produces Vitamin D). And people who live close to the equator rarely get the flu either.
Dr. Joseph Mercola makes the following recommendations:
- Get plenty of sunshine, safe tanning bed exposure or supplemental vitamin D3
- Eat right for your nutritional type, including avoiding sugar
- Get adequate sleep
- Address emotional stress
- Wash your hands regularly